Red Clay Consulting
OUAF Production Support
Red Clay is hiring an OUAF Production Support Specialist for its Managed Services division. Managed Service is a service offering that provides Red Clay’s clients with end-to-end production support of Oracle Utilities packaged software solutions. The Production Support Specialist works as part of a small to medium sized team throughout the entire software development life cycle. This will include facilitating requirements discussions with business subject matter experts, documenting issues, designing a solution based on the designated software applications, configuring software, testing software modifications, rolling out production environments, training clients, and providing production support.
Projects are usually time sensitive and business critical, therefore a strong work ethic, sense of urgency and commitment to quality work is required. The support specialist must be flexible enough to work a normal work day as well as shift work between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM. May be required to work off hours including weekend hours to cover critical issues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and functional solutions through written and verbal communication
- Assist with establishing production support processes to include the receipt, logging and resolution of all clients’ production support needs
- Assist with defining and implementing service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Ensure that deadlines are met and that support meets pre-defined SLAs
- Identify poorly performing code and follow up with solutions to correct
- Work with Oracle to manage Service Request (SR) activity and priorities
- Identify and deploy industry best practices in relation to the application performance and maintenance
- Be a positive face to clients, proactively communicate with clients to ensure that they feel the issues are being worked and working towards resolution
- Troubleshoot and “dig in” to problems
- Report to upper management with key performance indicators, metrics and status reporting
- Follow strict coding guidelines and adhere to corporate policies
- 0-5 years’ experience working in a production support position; knowledge of Oracle Utilities or any Meter Data Management application within the energy industry is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Technology field preferred
- Experience utilizing the complete Software Development Lifecycle
- Solid logic, analytical skills and technical skills (e.g. Windows, SQL Server or Oracle, Crystal Reports, Oracle OBIEE, Java, IIS, XML)
- Experience with HTML, XML, XSL and XSLT is required
- Strong communication skills are a must (oral and written)
- Must be able to work as part of a team, maintain a good work ethic, be a self-starter
- Must be able to break down overwhelming problems in order to solve manageable sub components
- Must be able to learn new technology and have excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a strong sense of urgency and professional and continually evolving priorities.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with a service driven mentality.
- Must be available for on-call priorities outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
RCC is an EOE. Only qualified candidates will elicit a response. No follow-up phone calls, please.