Website Red Clay
The Developer will be a key member of a product development team utilizing agile methodology to drive out innovative product solutions for a market-leading consultancy in Atlanta, GA. Focused on Oracle’s Utilities offerings, the developer will be exposed to smart-grid energy and big-data software platforms used by the largest Utility companies in the world. Part of a small but strategic team, the developer will use a Scrum delivery model including daily standups, backlog grooming and product demos to drive constant solution improvement. This position requires little or no travel and is based in our Atlanta headquarters. Projects are usually time sensitive and business critical, therefore a strong work ethic, sense of urgency and commitment to quality work is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- This position requires little or no travel and is based in our Atlanta headquarters. Projects are usually time sensitive and business critical, therefore a strong work ethic, sense of urgency and commitment to quality work is required.
- Hands on delivery of software as part of cross-functional Scrum team
- Working collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Acting in key Scrum team member role and contributing to continually improving Agile framework
- Liaising with other technical disciplines to establish and implement requirements alongside resolution of live operational issues
- Adapting to development using various tools and languages (Java, Groovy, BPEL, Oracle Service Bus, etc.) for solutions based in the Utilities industry
- Working as part of collaborative, customer focused and industry leading architecture and design function
- Document design in product wiki
- Develop against the Oracle Utilities Application Framework in Java to solve client business requirements
- Learn, configure, and perform custom Java and XPATH development within various frameworks
- Thoroughly document and test code, including documenting unit test results enhancing the scalability and performance of systems whilst delivering customer requirements quickly, reliably and efficiently
- Performance testing and tuning on deliverables
- Follow strict coding guidelines and adhere to corporate policies
- Contributing to a continually improving Agile software development framework
- Act as a coach and mentor to members of the software development department
- 2 years or more of development experience with either Java or Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net)
- Proven track record within a similar technical role working on the production of software applications and databases
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Technology field
- Thorough understanding of the complete Software Development Lifecycle: Experience with conducting requirements, design and code reviews
- Knowledge of Fusion Middleware and ability to develop code as needed to support solutions
- Solid logic, analytical skills and technical skills
- Experience of major re-design and re-factoring of complex enterprise solutions
- Experience using and implementing application and integration architectures, design patterns skills including Design Patterns, Rest, SOAP, SOA, TDD, XP and CI
- Experience of tuning performance and scalability issues
- Must be able to learn and adapt new technologies
- Be highly collaborative to work closely with the customer and developer team members
- Able to prioritize customer requirements regularly
- Any professional certifications (Oracle, Scrum)
- Any previous experience of working and delivering software within an agile environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a company that offers the chance to work on exciting project with the latest technologies. There are excellent chances for career progression along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.